Long-term project for Business Analyst with the State of TN in Nashville, TN! Looking for senior-level Business Analyst for Dept. of Higher Education.
Knowledge Services, established in 1994 and headquartered in Indianapolis IN, is a certified woman-owned (WBE) professional services organization with over 1500 employees located in offices throughout North America. Founded by Julie Bielawski, CEO, Guidesoft, Inc. DBA Knowledge Services is an industry leader in Managed Service Programs (MSP), Employer of Record / Payrolling Services, National Recruitment, and Staffing Services. We provide outstanding services to major organizations in various industries, including; IT, Healthcare, Entertainment, Media, Federal and State Governments, Public Utilities, Telecom, Manufacturing and more.
As such, Knowledge Services is committed to providing opportunities for growth – in our company, in each team member and in our relationships. We believe titles do not define a person, but provide a framework to each person’s endless potential. Our focus on improving our team, product and processes drive us every day. We are guided by our four Pillars that set the foundation of who we are and how we conduct business: Knowledge, Integrity, Innovation, and Service.
Knowledge Services has benefit offerings to include the following!
This business analyst will assist with change requests in regards to the Project Inventory Tracking System application. This application is used for tracking the needs associate with building construction tasks with TN Public colleges.
- Analyze and document existing business processes - 25%
- Gather and document requirements, specifications and tasks - 25%
- Work with test team to identify and write test scenarios - 25%
- Conduct focus group meetings to solicit end user feedback - 25%
• Review and Document existing business processes.
• Participates on a team lead by the senior business analyst to revitalize the eGrands applications.
• Work with the product owners, and other business analysts to decompose existing business processes and requirements for several State sponsored and managed scholarship programs into actionable rules and workflows.
• Work with the Stakeholders, current Business Analysts and the user community to identify and document their concerns and ideas that they may have to improve the overall operations and feature set of the eGrands system.
• Use the identified rules, workflows, and other business requirement to redefine the requirements of the eGrands system.
• Works with the Scrum Master to create development tasks for the team to execute.
• Works with the QA team to identify, build and/or validate test scenarios for development tasks.
• Will participate in or lead focus group meetings with the current user population.
• May lead meetings with Stakeholders and other interested parties to identify requirements, present design plans and/or demonstrate new capabilities of the system as they become available.
• Works with the development team to clarify any development questions the team may pose.
• Facilitates an understanding of the technical recommendations and communicates design rationale to project team members.
• Provides expert problem solving and technical judgment.
• Interacts with business analysts, functional experts, or other key personnel to understand and validate user requirements and insure the application design meets the requirements.
• Review the current bug list as well as any newly reported bugs to help identify the system behavior delta between the existing and proposed design to ensure that the bugs are mitigated in the proposed design.
We are looking for a Business Analyst with over 5 years of experience in servicing IT related business solutions. Qualified candidate should have experience analyzing legacy business systems to define the requirements for the next generation business system. They will be participating on a team lead by the senior business analyst to revitalize the eGrands application.
• Proven experience as a senior business analyst.
• Experience with UML or other methods of clearly documenting system requirements.
• Superior written and oral communication skills
• Ability to identify and mitigate potential concerns, roadblocks and issues.
• Excellent knowledge of Web Application design.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft SQL Queries and database design theory
• High Quality Organizational Skills
• Understand and participate in the Scrum Process
• Good knowledge of how to use TFS for task workflow and bug tracking.
• A technical mindset with great attention to detail
• Ability to use Microsoft Project and Visio.
Software Powered by iCIMS