3-month opportunity for Linux Engineer with Ivy Tech in Indianapolis, IN!
Long-term, indefinite project for Business Intelligence Developer at the State of TN in Nashville, TN! Candidates must be LOCAL to Nashville or provide their own way to interview on-site as on-site interviews are required. Candidates also must be able to convert to full-time without condition.
Knowledge Services, established in 1994 and headquartered in Indianapolis IN, is a certified woman-owned (WBE) professional services organization with over 1500 employees located in offices throughout North America. Founded by Julie Bielawski, CEO, Guidesoft, Inc. DBA Knowledge Services is an industry leader in Managed Service Programs (MSP), Employer of Record / Payrolling Services, National Recruitment, and Staffing Services. We provide outstanding services to major organizations in various industries, including; IT, Healthcare, Entertainment, Media, Federal and State Governments, Public Utilities, Telecom, Manufacturing and more.
As such, Knowledge Services is committed to providing opportunities for growth – in our company, in each team member and in our relationships. We believe titles do not define a person, but provide a framework to each person’s endless potential. Our focus on improving our team, product and processes drive us every day. We are guided by our four Pillars that set the foundation of who we are and how we conduct business: Knowledge, Integrity, Innovation, and Service.
Knowledge Services has benefit offerings to include the following!
• Three or more years of work experience with Linux/UNIX systems, primarily in Linux/Open source environment.
• Installation, support and updates of Linux systems.
• Experience with installation and administration of Apache, DNS, Nginx, and Tomcat.
• Experience with virtualization technologies, specifically VMware.
• Knowledge of system monitoring, alerting, and troubleshooting.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and to meet and track deadlines continuously under minimal supervision.
• Must be able to troubleshoot system issues up through the layers of the OSI model and possess strong knowledge of TCP/IP protocols.
• Understanding of web technologies and the software lifecycle development process including familiarity with scripting languages.
• Must have excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated use of initiative and organizational abilities.
• Strong analytical abilities.
• Assist with the planning, testing, installation, deployment, maintenance, security, support, and administration of server hardware, operating systems, and third-party applications.
• Maintain system backups and monitor logs.
• Monitor and tune the systems to achieve optimum performance levels.
• Provide engineering level end-user support as needed.
• Work effectively and diplomatically with peers and users, share expertise with peers, and encourage a team-oriented environment.
• Work with third-party vendors to support systems installed locally or hosted.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Software Powered by iCIMS