Knowledge Services is searching for a Sr. Network Diagnostics Consultant for a long-term project at the State of Maine in Augusta, ME.
Knowledge Services, established in 1994 and headquartered in Indianapolis IN, is a certified woman-owned (WBE) professional services organization with over 1500 employees located in offices throughout North America. Founded by Julie Bielawski, CEO, Guidesoft, Inc. DBA Knowledge Services is an industry leader in Managed Service Programs (MSP), Employer of Record / Payrolling Services, National Recruitment, and Staffing Services. We provide outstanding services to major organizations in various industries, including; IT, Healthcare, Entertainment, Media, Federal and State Governments, Public Utilities, Telecom, Manufacturing and more.
As such, Knowledge Services is committed to providing opportunities for growth – in our company, in each team member and in our relationships. We believe titles do not define a person, but provide a framework to each person’s endless potential. Our focus on improving our team, product and processes drive us every day. We are guided by our four Pillars that set the foundation of who we are and how we conduct business: Knowledge, Integrity, Innovation, and Service.
Knowledge Services has benefit offerings to include the following!
Ideal candidates will demonstrate advanced technical and leadership skills by managing the Network Performance Diagnostics and Monitoring group.
Responsibilities include leading highly technical teams while diagnosing complex technology performance problems across all areas of the IT support model.
The position will interact with a full range of OIT staff from all areas of the enterprise and agencies. Customer service and interpersonal skills are critical in this role.
Successful candidates must be professional and have a passionate vision to lead and influence outcomes. This will require the attributes and skills listed below:
• Excellent open communication skills across all levels of a highly technical organization; both written and verbal.
• Leading/facilitating highly technical team members to proactively identify opportunities to address performance problems and implementing resolution.
• Be a highly organized self-starter capable of using professional judgement, prioritize responsiveness and apply analytical thought for problem resolution.
• Understanding and practical real life experiences across all levels of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) Model will be essential.
• Subject matter expert at Architecting, managing and troubleshooting Large Scale Networks.
• Agility and foresight to escalate issues in a professional manner with the ability to coach and foster an environment of continuous learning with an IT staff.
• Understanding of technical security best practices, especially in dealing with PII.
• Expertise in current information services and automation technology systems necessary to be an expert in the delivery of IT services.
• Ability to formulate plans at a strategic level and deliver service to the end-user is paramount as we strive for excellence of IT services.
Ten (10) years’ experience in researching, analyzing, planning, and implementing large-scale technology projects and/or related policies, protocols, and standards. A Masters’ Degree in Computer Science or directly related area may be substituted for one (1) year of work experience.
Preference will be given to individuals who have experience in the following areas:
Solar Winds, Netscout, Riverbed products, and to individuals who are an active Cisco Certified Network Professional.
The ideal candidate will possess experience and skills in the following:
• Evaluating applicability of current automation technology/trends to State systems and needs.
• Diagnose/configure Cisco, Avaya Networking interoperability.
• OSPF and BGP4 routing protocols.
• Leading Voice over IP support and troubleshooting.
• Troubleshooting Telephony Infrastructure: DDS, T1 and T3 systems, DACCs.
• IP multicast, IGMP and PIM.
• Importance of change control processes on critical 99.999% networks.
• Configuring, troubleshooting, designing and maintaining Cisco, Avaya, Juniper, Aruba wired and wireless platforms and integration with Firewalls, servers and DNS/DHCP.
• Wireshark and deep packet test and analysis.
• Diagnostic and performance monitoring products such as Solar Winds, NETSCOUT and Riverbed.
• Handling difficult customers, and providing resolutions to conflict in a professional manner.
• Communicating orally and in writing with people having a wide variety of knowledge and expectations.
• Conducting team meetings, completing presentations and working with leaders in a team environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Software Powered by iCIMS