Knowledge Services is searching for a Business Analyst Manager for a 6-month contract-to-hire opportunity at the State of IN's Dept. of Child Services. This person must be willing and able to convert to a full-time State employee after 6 months. This person must also be available to interview onsite at the State downtown Indianapolis, and if offered the position, be able to be onsite downtown Indy M-F. This person must also will work 37.5 hours a week and this position is not open to C2C.
Knowledge Services, established in 1994 and headquartered in Indianapolis IN, is a certified woman-owned (WBE) professional services organization with over 1500 employees located in offices throughout North America. Founded by Julie Bielawski, CEO, Guidesoft, Inc. DBA Knowledge Services is an industry leader in Managed Service Programs (MSP), Employer of Record / Payrolling Services, National Recruitment, and Staffing Services. We provide outstanding services to major organizations in various industries, including; IT, Healthcare, Entertainment, Media, Federal and State Governments, Public Utilities, Telecom, Manufacturing and more.
As such, Knowledge Services is committed to providing opportunities for growth – in our company, in each team member and in our relationships. We believe titles do not define a person, but provide a framework to each person’s endless potential. Our focus on improving our team, product and processes drive us every day. We are guided by our four Pillars that set the foundation of who we are and how we conduct business: Knowledge, Integrity, Innovation, and Service.
Knowledge Services has benefit offerings to include the following!
This Business Analyst (BA) Manager position requires the need for a qualified applicant to provide leadership and technological analysis for system software that supports the ongoing goals and mission of Child Welfare for the Department of Child Services (DCS). The DCS Information Technology section supporting Child Welfare is responsible for ongoing maintenance and enhancements of the associated software comprising the child welfare information system. The DCS child welfare system is named MaGIK (Management Gateway for Indiana’s Kids) and is composed of KidTraks, a DCS internally developed and maintained system, and Casebook, a software product from Case Commons. The child welfare application system and project requires 365 X 24 X 7 support.
The BA Manager position requires an individual who can provide guidance and direction to business system analysts; creating processes that reflect industry standard business system engineering/analysis practices such as wire framing, conceptual design, mapping business workflows, writing functional and non-functional requirements, writing user stories, creating traceability matrixes, and ensuring thorough system testing and testing documentation.
The BA Manager must have technical knowledge to be able to bridge the gap between business and the DCS IT development team. The BA Manager must strategically assess, plan, and coordinate with the divisions of DCS and agencies outside of DCS, with system enhancement initiation through implementation. This person must be well organized and conscious of the individual projects goals, other projects in progress, and overall agency objectives in order to plan and provide the needed services to support the application systems and agency.
• Understanding agency mission, vision, goals, user groups, business processes and workflows, and how MaGIK supports the business units.
• The employee manages all phases of business systems analysis while considering the business implications of the application and technology to the current and future business environment.
• Manages a team of business systems analysts. Assigns work responsibilities. Oversees the work being performed. Provides direction, coaching and support to the business systems analysis team.
• Ensure processes are defined for business system analysts, and work towards CMMI level two maturity. Ensuring processes are in place and the business system analysts are following the processes.
• Involved in the IT strategic planning processes for Child Welfare, provides coordination of new system enhancement requests. May assist with MaGIK project or roadmap portfolio.
• In collaboration with business divisions, manages roadmap items, including approvals, functional definitions, and priorities.
• In collaboration with the MaGIK project managers, plan, schedule and resource the roadmap projects and activities.
• Conducts daily interaction with the other MaGIK sub-teams (software development, quality assurance, systems support, and project management) including activity statuses, project planning, resource planning, issue management, and information updates.
• Plans, directs, coordinates, and manages the business systems analysis function and employee and consultant staff.
• Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with a basic understanding of user needs, business systems and industry requirements.
• Promotes the use of technical services to resolve business issues within the agency, division, or program area.
• Oversees the delivery of technical business solutions to customers.
• Manages the expectations of customers, peers, and management.
• Meets regularly with customer management providing project and status updates.
• Ensures business and user needs are met with timely and accurate service. Interacts with project managers to ensure project schedules and compliance.
• Establishes and maintains strategic partnerships with customer management to assist in meeting business and technical needs.
• Participates in development and review of technical standards, procedures, and policies.
• Establishes goals and objectives for the information technology division.
• Ensures improvement opportunities in business systems analysis procedures and practices are identified and implemented.
• Mentors and provides guidance and training to new and/or lower level staff.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
• Must have solid experience and knowledge of industry standards for business systems engineering and business analysis methodologies; including but not limited to conceptual design, developing functional and non-functional requirements, creating user stories, creating traceability matrices, developing business workflows, translating business requests for IT and vice versa; and system testing including system testing documentation best practices.
• Advanced knowledge and experience of Microsoft products: Outlook, SharePoint, Word, Excel, Project, and Visio.
• Strong understanding and experience of SDLC and IT governance methodologies, tools and approaches to successful project implementations; including Agile and Waterfall software development methodologies and project management principles.
• Incumbent must have (or be able to quickly obtain) a working knowledge of the IN Child Welfare information systems.
• Incumbent must have (or be able to quickly obtain) a working knowledge of the child welfare operations and functions of the divisions.
• Incumbent must have the interpersonal and organizational skills necessary to assist large technology project staffs composed of multiple levels of technologist and related DCS child welfare services staff in order to recommend and manage solutions or resolve issues related to child welfare business systems.
• Must have the knowledge and skills needed to assist the division in enterprise resource planning, quality assurance, strategic planning and development, process improvements, and client relationships.
• Incumbent must be current in the knowledge of new technologies relevant to child welfare business systems that will allow discussions and recommendations to division managers and their staff.
• Must have the ability to demonstrate fiscal considerations and thorough research and discussion with internal and external entities.
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to build and maintain relationships across business groups;
• Ability to lead, encourage and influence others to perform.
• Ability to manage diverse human resources.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• PBA/CBAP Certification preferred
• MCSE/CSEP Certification preferred
• Six Sigma Green Belt Certification or higher preferred
• 5-10 years of business system analysis experience
• 1-5 years of management or supervisory experience
• Microsoft Project experience required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Software Powered by iCIMS