Knowledge Services is searching for a Database Administrator for the State of TN's Dept. of Education. This position will sit onsite downtown Nashville, TN and will work 37.5 hours a week. This position is not open for C2C.
Knowledge Services, established in 1994 and headquartered in Indianapolis IN, is a certified woman-owned (WBE) professional services organization with over 1500 employees located in offices throughout North America. Founded by Julie Bielawski, CEO, Guidesoft, Inc. DBA Knowledge Services is an industry leader in Managed Service Programs (MSP), Employer of Record / Payrolling Services, National Recruitment, and Staffing Services. We provide outstanding services to major organizations in various industries, including; IT, Healthcare, Entertainment, Media, Federal and State Governments, Public Utilities, Telecom, Manufacturing and more.
As such, Knowledge Services is committed to providing opportunities for growth – in our company, in each team member and in our relationships. We believe titles do not define a person, but provide a framework to each person’s endless potential. Our focus on improving our team, product and processes drive us every day. We are guided by our four Pillars that set the foundation of who we are and how we conduct business: Knowledge, Integrity, Innovation, and Service.
Knowledge Services has benefit offerings to include the following!
The State of Tennessee Department of Education is seeking passionate individuals who share our vision, embody our core values, and have team spirit! As a department, we are dedicated to the goal of dramatically improving student achievement and committed to the belief that children from all backgrounds can succeed when given the opportunities they deserve.
The TDOE Information’s Systems Division is powered by a lively bunch of inquisitive and brilliant minds building the next generation of Education Data systems. We are looking for a Senior SQL Server & Oracle Database Administrator (DBA) with Cloud Services experience, various database systems and ETL's running in multiple environments (Azure, Windows, Linux). Compensation requirements are negotiable based on experience.
We need individuals that are passionate about Relational Databases, who are enthusiastic about applying bold new innovated ideas to solving real-world problems and who are passionate about education. The focus of the systems DBA will be on the physical aspects of the database environment, including, but not limited to the design, installation, configuration, patching, upgrading, backup, recovery, disaster configuration, ETL's, batch jobs, support and troubleshooting of the database environment.Duties and Responsibilities
• Install, upgrade, and patch supported database systems.
• Manage database system availability for applications and customers, ensuring that databases maintain agreed upon service levels, including performance tuning, capacity planning, code review, and troubleshooting
• Develop, document, and implement processes for the backup, recovery, and maintenance of database systems.
• Develop, test, document and maintain database security and system security as defined by service level agreements and internal security policies
• Develop, test and implement database capacity planning, performance and monitoring scripts/processes for assigned databases and its applications
• Develop, implement and test disaster recovery procedures for multiple database systems in High Availability (HA)/Disaster Recovery (DR) environments
• Develop and implement standard database administration procedures and policies
• Install and configure RDBMS client software for database, web, and application servers.
• Regular communication to management concerning a project's status, potential risks, concerns, problems, and needs is expected.
• Be a key member of the data team helping to define and build the next generation data warehouse.
• Expertise in performance tuning Oracle and SQL Server databases to ensure responsiveness and availability of data.
• Expertise in current database security best practices to ensure confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree and five years progressive experience with Oracle and SQL database administration, data modeling, and data architecture. Proficiency with operating system command language is required. (Additional experience may be substituted on a year-for-year basis for the required education.)
• Experience with: SQL Server (2008, 2012, 2014, 2016), Oracle (10g,11gR2,12c) Azure
• Experience with: Scripting languages (e.g. SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL)
• Dynamic management views (DMV) and dynamic management functions (DMF), T-SQL scripts, Triggers, and Store Procedure for troubleshooting and performance tuning.
• Experience in creating, managing and delivering server based reports preferably using MS SQL Reporting service (SSRS).
• Expertise in creating database objects and structures including databases, tables, indexes, views, snapshots, stored procedures, triggers, functions and cursors.
• Experience with MS SQL server Analysis Services (SSAS).
• Third Party DBA tools and applications (e.g. PL/SQL Developer, Oracle SQL Developer, Toad, etc.)
• Virtualization tech
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Software Powered by iCIMS