The Business analyst should have prior experience in planning and executing a successful document conversion project, including:
- Completing a preliminary document assessment
- Deciding whether to scan in-house or to enlist the help of a partner
- Establishing imaging workflows
- How to handle document indexing
- Tracking files throughout the process
- Auditing scanned images
- Post-scan transitioning
- Knowledge of requirements gathering and analysis methodologies
- Ability to prepare use cases, process maps, data flow diagrams, conduct unit and functional testing
- Ability to interface between technology teams, support teams, and business units
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to understand and translate specifications between technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Analytical skills to conduct requirement analysis and impact analysis
- Logical thinking and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of information technology, software applications and architectures
- Knowledge of RDMBS concepts
- Familiarity with Software Development Life cycle
- Functional knowledge of traditional Project Management and Agile methodologies
- Responsive, organized, and committed to providing professional, prompt, and accurate services with excellent communications, technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Having the ability and desire to work in a multi-disciplinary team in a dynamic, open environment
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively in analyzing problems and propose practical solutions
- Able to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships; excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate multiple concurrent initiatives
- Functional ability to analyze the business objectives of the stakeholder and cultivate solutions to their business issues
- Experienced in analyzing entire business functions, including data, goals, process, organization to assist stakeholders in developing their strategic goals
- Able to understand business requirements and translate them into specific software requirements
- Understanding both technical designs and specifications
- Evaluating information harvested through surveys and workshops, task analysis, and business process description
- Having strong technical skills, business intelligence, and a full understanding of the needs of the customer
- Able to effectively communicate with external clients and internal teams.
Overview of Knowledge Services:
Knowledge Services, established in 1994 and headquartered in Indianapolis IN, is a certified woman-owned (WBE) professional services organization with over 1500 employees located in offices throughout North America. Founded by Julie Bielawski, CEO, Guidesoft, Inc. DBA Knowledge Services is an industry leader in Managed Service Programs (MSP), Employer of Record / Payrolling Services, National Recruitment, and Staffing Services. We provide outstanding services to major organizations in various industries, including; IT, Healthcare, Entertainment, Media, Federal and State Governments, Public Utilities, Telecom, Manufacturing and more.
As such, Knowledge Services is committed to providing opportunities for growth – in our company, in each team member and in our relationships. We believe titles do not define a person, but provide a framework to each person’s endless potential. Our focus on improving our team, product and processes drive us every day. We are guided by our four Pillars that set the foundation of who we are and how we conduct business: Knowledge, Integrity, Innovation, and Service.
Knowledge Services has benefit offerings to include the following!
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage
- Pet Insurance
- Ticket and Event discounts!
- The above are available provided contractors meet eligibility requirements