Knowledge Services is seeking a Network Engineer/Firewall Administrator to support a long term contract within the State of Tennessee Strategic Technology Solutions. All applicants MUST BE LOCAL TO THE NASHVILLE AREA. Role will be mostly work from home, but will require frequent onsite activity.
Knowledge Services has benefit offerings to include the following!
The Network Engineer/Firewall Administrator's primary role will be supporting the State’s Datacenters network infrastructure. Primary duties will be assisting one other team member in supporting Cisco ASA and Juniper SRX Firewalls.
• Cisco ASA / Juniper SRX Firewall Administration
• Pulse Secure and Cisco Anyconnect VPN Administration
• Cisco Nexus/Catalyst Switches Administration
• Maintaining the managed firewall infrastructure (Cisco ASA/Juniper SRX)
• Provisioning firewalls, based on consultation with customer
• Providing on-going support
• Troubleshooting firewall infrastructure problems
• Troubleshooting firewall policies
• Troubleshooting firewall related problems as reported by customers
• Providing training to other firewall administrators.
• Attending training by other firewall administrators
• Knowing and understanding the environment and applications
• Defining and managing their firewall policies
• Accessing and managing firewall policies via the command line interface or GUI
• Document and maintain documentation of firewall infrastructure
• Staying abreast of changes and defining processes for compliance
• VPN administration (Pulse Secure/Cisco AnyConnect) including end user support, host-checking configuration, multi-factor configuration and system management
• Analyzes data center network (Cisco Nexus/Catalyst) environment to determine networks optimal performance
• Identifies the causes of networking problems within the data center, using diagnostic testing software and equipment.
• Diagnoses, troubleshoots, and resolves hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replaces defective components
• Provides technical support for Internet Protocol (IP) voice and data services and equipment
• Analyzes data center network equipment performance records to determine the need for repair or replacement
The Network Engineer/Firewall Administrator Qualifications and Skills
• Must have working experience Cisco ASA, Juniper SRX, Cisco VPN, Pulse Secure VPN and Cisco nexus and catalyst line switches. Position will be expected for our current VPN replacement project and continuous network support.
• Five years of network engineering/network administration experience
• Great Customer Service skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Software Powered by iCIMS