Knowledge Services is seeking a full-time/Direct Hire resource for a Systems Engineer in Indianapolis. This role is able to work mostly remotely only working in office about 1x/month and has a full benefit package!
Systems Engineer Responsibilities include:
• Responsible for planning hardware and application program requirements.
• Processes new software releases and/or patches and documentation for configuration management, infrastructure, and support services.
• Monitors applications, reports on issues, and provides options to resolve or improve application performance and supportability. Analyzes, documents, and communicates the on-going health of systems and applications.
• Documents coding and design activities necessary for the proper installation, maintenance and operation of the software.
• Identifies, implements, manages, and writes specifications for software enhancements and development.
• Participates in root-cause investigation teams to improve processes and resolve issues.
• Assists in all necessary project phases for system implementations, enhancements to existing applications, and system upgrades
• Documents technical designs, test cases, and other project lifecycle deliverables as required.
• Works within a structured development environment that includes Agile development methodology, version control, unit testing, creating builds/implementation plans, writing appropriate technical documentation, design/peer reviews, and other structured development practices.
• Assists with IT-related compliance requirements including control assessments and system documentation requirements.
• Participate in an on-call rotation to support a 24-hour critical operation.
Systems Engineer Requirements include
• 7+ years of related systems administration/engineering and infrastructure, or application support/development experience.
• Experience with VMWare and Microsoft stack, O365
• Experience with software/hardware configuration
• Experience in planning the infrastructure resources sufficient to support the normal growth of applications over their life cycle.
• Experience with PowerShell and Microsoft product suite.
• Experience with SQL Terraform or Ansible would be a plus
Software Powered by iCIMS