Knowledge Services is actively seeking a .Net Developer/Software Engineer for a 6-month contract (potential for extension) with the State of Tennessee Dept of Treasury. This role will work initially work remotely until work restrictions are lifted. Applicants must be local to the general Nashville area for occasional onsite when required. Great work/life balance as role works 37.5 hours/week and role is benefit eligible!
The .Net Developer/Software Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining software, performing routine system analysis and testing, and performs related work as required.
• Implement system and application designs that meets the requirements of system stakeholders
• Develop code following common security practices and development design patterns
• Perform unit testing to verify the functionality of user interfaces, backend processing, connectivity, and relational database interactions
• Maintain systems and applications as Tier 2 support (break-fix and data changes)
• Document the technical specifications and dependencies of applications
• Participate in the planning and execution of business continuity/disaster recovery exercises
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop viable software, including web services/APIs, web applications, console applications, and desktop applications, by following the design specifications and established development and security standards. Create the user interfaces and screen layouts using creativity that create a better user experience. Program applications for a variety of input/output (IO) interactions, including database and network connectivity, file manipulation, encryption and decryption, and interfaces to other internal and external systems. Perform unit testing throughout development to verify the coded functionality performs as expected. Submit all code and scripts for peer or supervisor review. Store all code in the team-designated version control system.
• Codes database scripts and stored procedures to retrieve and manipulate data based on required business processes. Analyze data for accuracy and completeness to be used by a variety of sources, including reports, calculations, and audits.
• Assist with the deployment of user-accepted applications developed in-house and by vendors according to defined procedures on State-approved hardware. Learn the appropriate configuration for applications in each non-production and production environment, including database and network connections, error logging and email notifications, and security groups. Submit any required change requests at the discretion of a team lead or supervisor for approval according to procedures.
• Implement a technical solution that meets stakeholder requirements while promoting security, reliability, efficiency, and scalability. Collaborate on system technical needs with internal and external IT teams, including hardware, software, firewall rules, DNS entries, certificates, keys, service accounts, and security access. Recommend process and design improvements for systems, including performance, security, and overall quality.
• Monitor environments and review error logs to detect or assess problems. Troubleshoot issues to identify root cause problems and recommend solutions to team lead or supervisor. Implement recommended solutions to resolve issues.
• Change software to address any unexpected or inaccurate processes identified in system testing or through user feedback.
• Participate on projects in individual and group settings. Provide requested feedback on project documents and meetings, including meeting minutes, user requirements, test cases, test plans, project plans, and timelines. Review project specifications with supervisor, lead or other appropriate personnel to ensure that programs are moved to appropriate environments, established standards are met, and that data integrity is maintained. Perform demonstrations of system code with IS peers and project team members to identify and correct design, logic, or other code problems. Assist project team members with quality assurance and user-acceptance testing, including accurate simulations, data staging, answering questions, and other support activities. Conduct project relevant presentations to stakeholders and/or management and answers any related questions. Receive technical guidance and attend code reviews with team members regarding improvements to design, code, testing procedures and documentation. Collaborate with vendors in a technical capacity for system needs and implementation. Provide reliable time and effort for estimating completion of tasks.
• Document the technical specifications of each application according to established standards, including hardware, dependencies, and important notes. Summarize application modifications in the system release notes. Create graphical diagrams and other design documentation that describe processes, relationships, and data flows. Maintain a copy of system backup and disaster recovery procedures.
• Attend professional development trainings and events to increase skills and technical knowledge. Leverage opportunities in daily tasks to ask questions to team members and supervisor. Interact with other IS teams for sharing technical knowledge, suggestions, and strategies. Utilize State, department, and team standards and processes in work.
.Net Developer/Software Engineer Top Skills:
• 2 years .Net/C# development experience
• Experience with .Net Visual Basic, C#, Transact SQL, WCF
Software Powered by iCIMS