Knowledge Services is seeking a Software Architect (.net)/Application Architect to support a project through June 2022 (potential for extension) contract with the State of Maine Department of Education.
This role will initially work remotely until work restrictions are lifted. Applicants MUST BE ABLE TO RELOCATE to Augusta, ME at their own expense within 2 weeks.
The Software Architect (.net) will help increase quality in all aspects of the Dept of Education's systems.
Your Duties will include:
• You will identify architecture needs and design solutions which will help inform strategic direction, by making recommendations and highlighting tradeoffs.
• You will help create, socialize, and coach standards and processes for the purpose of increasing quality in our applications.
• Build and maintain a CI/CD pipeline
• • You will be instrumental in remediating and refactoring current deficiencies (technical debt) in our code base.
• You will help more junior members of the team through code review, mentoring, Pair programming, Mob programming, Software Craftsmanship.
The Software Architect (.net)Qualifications include:
• 12 years relevant industry experience
• 10 years experience in software architecture and patterns of software architecture.
• 10 years experience in Microsoft Technologies e.g. .Net Framework v4.0 or above, C#, ASP.NET, SQL Server, Web API, MVC, Entity Framework
• Expert experience with Object Oriented Design and Software Craftsmanship
• Expert experience in Continuous Integration and Delivery and other DevOps practices
• Expert experience in embedding Agile Testing practices (ATDD/BDD/TDD) including experience with full end to end (code to deployment) manual and automated test tools and techniques.
• Advanced experience with SOA/REST Services/Web API/Microservices
• Advanced experience as a Technical Coach, embedding quality into teams’ work
• Advanced experience breaking monolithic systems into distributed services architecture (Application Modernization).
• Advanced experience working in an Agile / Scrum / XP environment.
• Experience with Cloud Technologies e.g. Azure or AWS ecosystems
• You have taken a hands-on approach in embedding practices. That is, you should still be able to code
• Proven leadership experience in IT delivery, building and sustaining high performing teams
• Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
• Excellent Communication and Partnership skills
• Relevant industry certifications
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Software Powered by iCIMS