Knowledge Services is seeking an Immunization Data Analyst for a 6 month contract (potential for extension) with the Indiana State Dept of Health. Position will work 38 hrs per week and is benefit eligible! Local candidates preferred as all work will be conducted onsite in Indianapolis.
Knowledge Services has benefit offerings to include the following!
The Data Analyst will support the Indiana Immunization division IT team. The team is overall responsible for customer support for the Indiana Immunization Registry (CHIRP) and MyVaxIndiana systems.
This position responsibilities will include conducting full lifecycle analysis to include requirements, activities and design. Data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities. This position will perform interpreting data, analyzing results using statistical techniques. Also, developing and implementing data analyses, data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality.
• Serves as a liaison to the business to ensure data is properly collected, stored, shared, protected, and transmitted in a manner consistent with business needs, policies, and standards.
• Consults with, and makes recommendations to, business and technical groups at all levels to define data requirements, evaluate data technology needs, and formulate solutions.
• Identifies and explores the potential strategies for long-term planning implementation.
• Seeks out improvements and innovations to provide improved data quality and reporting, eliminate redundancies, and provide better data collection sources, methods, and tools.
• Analyzes data needs and requirements of existing and proposed systems and develops technical, structural, and organizational designs and specifications.
• Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems.
• Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets.
• Collaborate with project teams to design, implement, and continuously improve data-driven solutions.
• Provide leadership and bring expertise in system/database design to the team.
• Designing and maintaining data systems this includes fixing errors and other data-related problems.
• Creating appropriate documentation that allows stakeholders to understand the steps of the data analysis process.
• Preparing reports for leadership that effectively communicate trends, patterns, and predictions using relevant data.
Data Analyst Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computers or related fields with IT experience.
• 5 years of data analyst experience is desired.
• Healthcare industry experience is a plus.
• Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst.
• Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining techniques.
• Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages, databases, and SQL programming.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
• Good understanding of infrastructure and how users access applications and data.
• The ability to analyze, model and interpret data.
• Problem-solving skills using methodical and logical approach.
• The ability to plan work and meet projects deadlines.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Software Powered by iCIMS