Knowledge Services is seeking a Weblogic Middleware Administrator for a full-time/DIRECT HIRE opening with the State of Indiana. This is a full-time salaried position with the State of Indiana and includes full-state benefits! Amazing work-life balance working 37 1/2 hrs per week and hybrid work schedule with 2 days a week working from home.
The Weblogic Middleware Administrator is responsible for the design, build/deployment, and maintenance of the Middleware environment with normal maintenance routines, automation (Scripting), and DEVOPs tools expertise.
• Provide advanced administrator duties for Oracle WebLogic servers and writing scripts to automate the manual tasks in a highly Virtualized Environment running on VMWare.
• Responsible for installing, configuring, securing, and optimizing enterprise web and middleware deployments on Linux platforms.
• Coordinating system development to include design, modeling, security, integration, and formal testing.
• Managing and documenting system configurations.
• Creating and maintain system architecture for new and existing computer systems.
• Build, deploy, configure, and maintain Oracle WebLogic environment.
• Manage and monitor SSL, certificates, private/public key pairs and be up to date with the latest cipher strengths as per Security Requirements.
• Adhere to standards, processes, procedures, and audit compliance controls. Maintain security audit requirements for Middleware Products and Servers.
• Design and build automated code deployment systems that simplify development work and make deployments more consistent and issues predictable.
• Leverage open-source technologies such as Jenkins, Rundeck, SaltStack.
• Provide Linux support and develop/maintain Linux shell scripts. Implement and maintain Linux security and authorization integration with Active Directory.
• Perform appropriate Change Management duties to comply with IT policies and procedures.
• Perform appropriate Incident Management duties to comply with IT policies and procedures.
• Report progress weekly of status on all assigned work tasks.
• On-call support and occasional weekend onsite support. Provide Level2/Level3 support.
• Create process documentation for the team and provide internal training to team members.
• Explain complex design items through documents and whiteboard sessions
• Advanced experience with WebLogic Application Server, Oracle Enterprise Manager, and WebLogic Scripting Tool.
The Weblogic Middleware Administrator Requirements:
• BS/BA degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience, or relevant certifications.
• 1-5 years of working experience within:
o Production/QA/DEV environments running on Middleware Products such as Oracle WebLogic, IIS, IBM WebSphere, Tomcat, Apache HTTP server.
o Installation and maintenance of software on Linux.
o Applying patches to Middleware environments.
o Responding to and implementing mitigations from security audits.
o Analyzing memory leaks, Java thread, core, and heap dumps.
o Tuning and capacity planning.
o Jenkins pipelines or equivalent continuous integration (CI) and continuous delivery (CD) tools.
o Creating and maintaining certificates using iKeyman, openssl, keytool, SSL protocols, ciphers, and other security requirements.
o Shell scripts, such as bash or cron shell.
o File transfer protocols, such as FTPS or SFTP.
• Knowledge of Java Infrastructure (jdk, jre, jks, etc.).
Nice to have:
• Familiarity with the Linux command line and Linux architecture.
• Knowledge and understanding of VMware Snapshots, Revert, and Storage.
• Knowledge and understanding of VMware-focused server virtualization.
• Applied experience handling performance monitoring and tuning.
• Basic to intermediate shell scripting knowledge and skills.
• Demonstrate the ability to:
• Comprehend and plan systems architecture and design.
• Gather, interpret, document, and evaluate server requirements.
• Conduct incident triage research into server and application issues, as required.
• Read, analyze, and interpret technical documentation.
• Present technical ideas, problems, and solutions to non-technical business partners.
• Follow instructions, work independently, or function in a team as needed.
• Prioritize, plan, organize and manage multiple tasks efficiently.
• Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills; ability to communicate and persuade at all management levels, and thrive in a cross-functional, evolving business and technical environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Software Powered by iCIMS