Knowledge Services is seeking a Sr Network Engineer for either a direct hire OR contract to hire opening in Indianapolis. This role will require the ability to work onsite daily in downtown Indianapolis. Position is benefit eligible with robust PTO/holiday schedule!
Sr Network Engineer Responsibilities:
• Manage global network environment including physical equipment management and assisting in Design recommendations. Support includes:
o Cisco Route/Switch environments
o Palo Alto, Cisco, and other firewalls
o Wireless Controllers
o Wireless Access Points (WAP)
o UPS systems
o Incident, Request, Change, and Problem management
o Capacity management
o Firmware management
o IPAM management
• Analyze complex business problems and issues as it relates to enterprise network infrastructure.
• Provide technical guidance to IT professionals to correct issues encountered with network software & connectivity.
• Manage the needs of multiple customers, prioritize needs and manage the daily workload.
• Assist with internal projects as necessary, and work with project managers to set the scope and timelines of new projects in order to meet completion deadlines.
• Interface with all levels of employees internally and within client businesses to support engagement requirements (business owners, project managers, customer employees, and executive management).
• Write technical procedural documentation for co-workers and for delegated tasks.
Sr Network Engineer Requirements:
• Associate degree or qualification in an IT related discipline or equivalent technical and business experience.
• 7+ years’ experience in managing enterprise network infrastructures.
• Maintain proper certification levels to meet departmental needs.
o Required: Cisco CCNP (or demonstrated level of experience)
o Preferred: Cisco CCDE | Citrix CCP–N | Palo Alto PCNSA
o Valued: Cisco CCIE | Citrix CCE–N | Palo Alto PCNSE
o Other industry certifications a plus
• Industry best practice network troubleshooting experience
• Providing process improvement recommendations and documentation
• Layer 2/3 networking
• BGP, EIGRP, & OSPF routing protocols
• Hands-on experience with managing network hardware (including install, configuration, and decommission)
• Wireless networking (including controller management)
• High Availability (HA) methodologies & technologies
• Network device firmware management
• Monitoring technologies (SolarWinds, Nagios, What’s Up Gold, etc.)
• Automation tools
• Citrix NetScaler management
• Cisco ACI architecture
• Cradlepoint solutions
• EMC VxRail hyperconverged infrastructure
• EMC Isilon storage
• Cloud Platforms (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services, etc.)
• vNetwork security technologies
• Server technologies (Windows & Linux)
• Storage Area Network (SAN) technologies (Dell EqualLogic/Compellent, HP, IBM, NetApp, etc.)
• VMware and other virtualization technologies
• Backup technologies (Veeam, Backup Exec, Asigra, etc.)
Software Powered by iCIMS