Knowledge Services is actively seeking a Data Architect for a multi-year contract through June 2025 with the State of Nevada Department of Taxation in Carson City, NV.
• Applicants must be able to work 100% onsite in Carson City, NV
The Data Architect will aid in the establishment of a Data Plan for Taxation’s modernization program.
• Assist in the creation of technical documentation that will be used in conjunction with the Vendor’s Implementation Plan and be incorporated into the Department’s Standard Operating Procedures.
• Ensure that all documentation is created in the Department’s standard and accurately depicts the Data Plan.
• Responsible for working with the Taxation DBA Team and understanding the current system design, the data warehouse, and applied data standards.
• Evaluating the current data posture of the Department of Taxation
• Understanding the AS-IS data structure, warehousing and storage of data, and how data moves through the systems in the Department of Taxation
• Analyzing the data and understanding where data input can be consolidated
• Technical Process Diagrams and Flow Charts
• Evaluating the data maps and documentation created for the modernization project.
• Understanding the AS-IS technical platform and the processes that support the systems.
• Understanding the Functional and Technical Requirements for the project
• Supporting data preparations for modernization
• Organizing and attending various Department meetings
• Review and preparation of content for internal publication and distribution centered around data and migration
• Conduct discovery meetings with Departmental staff
• With the Technical Lead, run the Data Standard Sub Committee
The Data Architect Requirements are:
• Must have demonstrated Data Architecture experience
• Mush be experienced with Oracle database systems and architecture
• Must have both PL/SQL and SQL experience
• Understands Data Standardization techniques
• Understanding, knowledge and use of industry standard data toolsets
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office including Outlook
• Ability to use MS Visio and PowerPoint
• Proficient in reading, writing, and proofreading
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
Knowledge Services is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with disabilities may contact the Talent Division via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Talent Services Team at TalentHR@knowledgeservices.com or 317.806.0005.
Software Powered by iCIMS