Knowledge Services is seeking a Senior Network Architect for a long-term contract through the end of June 2024 (potential for extension) with the State of Maine Office of Technology.
• Applicants MUST BE LOCAL to Augusta, ME and able to interview in person.
• Must be able to work 100% onsite Mon - Friday.
The Senior Network Architect is responsible for current and future projects involving Network design for both on prem and cloud efforts.
• Architecture will include network solutions for Cloud, Wireless, Internet, Data Center, WAN/LAN, load balancers and firewalls, security, monitoring Orion, Cisco gear net new and refresh, and configuration management.
• The environment is dynamic and a changing environment that needs a team player who will help build out the Network Core Infrastructure to the Cloud.
• Manages, organizes, and administers systems analysis and preparation of applications and operating systems programming to process data and solve problems by use of computers.
• Establishes priorities, schedules, and oversees and reviews work of systems analysis personnel and programming personnel.
• Reviews feasibility studies and time and cost estimates of new or revised systems.
• Assists in the development of standards, procedures, and operating systems applications.
• A combination of directly related technical training and hands-on experience.
• Works with stakeholders and management to ensure projects are completed on time and according to organization standards.
• Consults with personnel in other information systems groups to coordinate activities.
• Consults with management to clarify systems and programs intent, identify problems, suggest changes, and determine extent of application systems changes required.
• Participates in developing a project plan and schedule with key milestones, contingency plans, workflow charts or diagrams, considering factors, such as resource requirements, computer storage capacity and speed, extent of peripheral equipment, and intended use of output data.
• Manages conversion of workflow charts to language that can be processed by computer and entering of program codes and test data into computer.
• Analyzes test runs on computer and supervises correction of coded program and input data.
• Manages the revision of existing programs to increase operating efficiency or adapt to new requirements.
• Compiles documentation of program development and subsequent revisions.
• Trains subordinates in systems analysis, feasibility studies, programming, and program coding.
• Prescribes standards for terms and symbols used to simplify interpretation of programs.
• Collaborates with computer manufacturers and other users to develop new programming methods.
• Prepares records and reports.
The Senior Network Architect Required Skills:
• Network Senior Architect expert level in Cisco, F5 and Checkpoint
• Cisco Networking architecture, operation, design and troubleshooting
• Must have experience architecting cloud-based solutions such as AWS, Azure, or GCP
• Must understand Enterprise Architecture
• Network project scoping and implementation
• Flexible and adaptable team player that can take the lead
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin or disability.
Software Powered by iCIMS