Knowledge Services is seeking a Medical Assistant for our client's that are experts in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of adult diseases located in Greenwood, Indiana. This is a contract to hire opportunity with the potential for full-time, permanent employment!
Description: Performs routine clinical and administrative tasks to keep the office running smoothly using commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within the field of otolaryngology. Relies on instructions and pre-established guideline to perform the functions of the job. Works directly with primary assistant. Includes the following duties and other duties may be assigned.
1. Prepares rooms, sterile instruments, and equipment for office examinations/procedures as necessary. Initiates patient history by interview & documenting patient's complaints, previous and current symptoms, testing, medications and allergies. Obtain patient's height and weight.
2. Ensure efficient flow of patients to and from exam rooms. Assure exam rooms are full and the physician is never displayed with an empty room.
3. Maintain visibility and availability to physician(s) and patient(s) at all times.
4. Assist primary assistant with surgery pre-certifications as needed.
5. Maintain an adequate inventory of supplies in rooms without it looking cluttered. Check all equipment is in working order before office starts. Report any inadequacies to primary assistant.
6. Provide comfort and safety to patient and patient's family.
7. Aids physician in examination and treatment of patient when needed.
8. Collect and prepare laboratory specimens, dispose of contaminated supplies, and sterilize medical instruments.
9. Document daily records (ie: room cleaning, eye wash station, flexible scope cleaning, autoclave use) and monthly records (ie: check medication expiration dates, check oxygen tank, fire extinguisher, emergency backpack).
10. Communicate with outside contacts when necessary.
11. Attend departmental and staff meetings as necessary.
1. Graduated from a certified Medical Assistant Program.
2. Able to multitask and effectively manage time.
3. Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients to physicians, managers, and outside contacts.
4. Able to communicate clearly and with compassion.
5. Able to problem solve and deal with a variety of situations where limited standardization exists.
Knowledge Services is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants with disabilities may contact the Talent Division via telephone, e-mail, and other means to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact the Talent Services Team at TalentHR@knowledgeservices.com or 317.806.0005
Software Powered by iCIMS