Knowledge Services is seeking a remote DevSecOps Engineer for a long-term contract. This role will be able to work 100% remotely working 9-5 EST.
Applicants must be a US citizen or Green Card holder to be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
DevSecOps Engineer Responsibilities:
• Works with engineering team to develop, implement, optimize, and maintain cloud-based solutions.
• Responsible for deploying and debugging cloud stacks, educating teams on new cloud initiatives, and ensuring the security of the cloud infrastructure.
• Ensures efficient functioning of data storage and processing functions in accordance with standard security policies and best practices in cloud security.
• Implementation and administrative (patching/maintenance/configuration etc.) support to all AWS Cloud services e.g. data warehouse and data pipeline, addressing issues, and supporting activities needed to maintain the Cloud AWS environment, such as user access/security/release/schedules management.
• Manages cloud-based infrastructure (IaC) and services, using industry leading practices (automation techniques) to assure smooth application integration across the entire architecture.
• Implements and administers a CICD (DevSecOps) pipeline for all systems, software, services, and infrastructure i.e. any project deliverables adopting hyper-automation techniques and mindset. Uses quality and security gates to manage CICD pipeline decision points to proceed from start to finish.
• Performs installation and management of open-source monitoring tools.
• Works on problems / projects of diverse complexity and scope collaborates with project teams and/or project partners i.e. other contract teams.
• Develop scripts, automating and orchestrating day to day operational tasks using Terraform.
• Uses scripting or basic programming skills to solve problems.
• Applies subject matter knowledge to solve common and complex data issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate actions.
• Troubleshoot identity management and authentication issues and provide resolution.
• Ensures smooth operation of all systems, services, software and infrastructure through appropriate management, patching, preventative maintenance, monitoring, alerting, and real-time remediation of any discovered issues.
• Serves as the engineer of complex technology implementations in a product-centric environment.
• Conducts research, designs, and creates prototypes of new solutions to facilitate application growth and a seamless customer experience.
• Identifies weaknesses in our tooling that will drive changes to the overall architecture, and work as a liaison to development and operations teams.
• Works tirelessly to arm developers with the best tools and ensuring system uptime and performance.
• Works as part of an integrated project agile team, supporting day to day operational incident, change, and problem management cases.
• Work with the technical leads to develop full production support, processes, documentation, and operations plan, including monitoring/alerting solutions.
• Provide user access/security/release/schedules management.
• Follow established CMS standards for implementing Cloud configurations, Architecture and Security.
DevSecOps Engineer Requirements:
• Minimum of 6 years related experience.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a DevSecOps Engineer.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience building scripts and applications using Python and Bash or similar languages.
• Experience as a software developer.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline. With eight years of general information technology experience and at least eight years of specialized experience, a degree is not required.
• Experience in Administrating and Securing Cloud environments, such as AWS.
• Experience Administering/Sizing Clusters, such as Redshift/Snowflake/DataBricks/Hadoop.
• Experience in CI/CD pipelines, agile methodologies and DevSecOps styled deployments.
• Expert knowledge of Cloud components such as DevSecOps scripts, S3 access management and applications configuration.
• Experienced with tools such as AWS (server & serverless services), CloudFormation, Jenkins, Git, Security scanning tools (Nessus, BurpSuite, Netsparker, OWASP, etc.), IaC (Infrastructure as Code) techniques for the full stack of Dev/Data Analytics.
• Expert knowledge of building IaC code and deploying systems using Terraform.
• Experience building scripts and applications using Python and Bash or similar languages.
• Experience with Docker, containerizing legacy applications, and deploying containers to managed infrastructure like AWS ECS Fargate or EKS.
• Experience in data organization skills, partitioning strategies, and data retention policies for data pipeline.
• Excellent investigative skills to find root cause for AWS Cloud problems, to perform impact analysis for proposed changes.
• Experience with Atlassian Jira/Confluence
• Ability to identify and create detailed requirements.
• Comfortable with bridging the gap between legacy development or operations teams and working toward a shared culture and vision.
• Ability to collaborate and coordinate with other contract Government resources.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
• Experience mentoring junior DevSecOps Engineers.
• Strong proven analytical ability and ability to solve problems independently
• Experience working in an agile or SAFe environment.
• Excellent command of written and spoken English.
• Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust; residing in the United States
• Industry experience a plus (Medicare, Medicaid, Healthcare, or commercial insurance) or direct experience with government agency Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS).
Software Powered by iCIMS