Knowledge Services is actively seeking a Faculty member for Biotechnology/Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing. This will be an opportunity to be a part of an emerging program and curriculum for a growing Biotech/Biopharmaceutical market.
Fantastic Company Benefits!
• You will receive a competitive salary with top benefit packages!
• Extensive vacation time, paid holidays, and winter recess
• Excellent medical, dental, vision, and prescription benefits
• 10% Retirement Plan company match
• Free Tuition and student loan forgiveness options
• Professional development is a priority where you'll experience paid conferences, seminars, and meetings to further grow your knowledge and skill set.
Biotechnology/Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Faculty Responsibilities:
• Provide quality and engaging instruction in all delivery methods and formats within biotechnology and biopharmaceutical programs
• Provide timely and meaningful feedback to students regarding the mastery of course and program learning outcomes
• Engage students outside of class in support of the curriculum and co- curriculum
• Provide institutional support and community service
• Participate meaningfully in student retention and completion initiatives
• Support the College’s mission and strategic plan initiatives
• Conform to campus expectations of faculty performance and engagement.
• Deliver assigned classes using pedagogy and technology that best support student learning, and in accordance with college loading policy, course objectives and program learning outcomes.
• Develop and maintain curriculum and supporting course materials in keeping with and furtherance of course objectives and program learning outcomes.
• Maintain student records, attendance, grades, and other documentation as required.
• Manage a classroom environment conducive to student learning and in adherence to federal, state, and college safety standards and practices.
• Facilitate student achievement of expected program learning outcomes.
• Use Learning Management System (e.g. Canvas) to facilitate teaching, learning, assessment and communication.
• Work with project directors and teams in support of the Lilly Scholars program ensuring labs are appropriately outfitted and programs are fully staffed.
• Maintain labs ensuring equipment is functioning and safe for student learning activities.
• Develop student learning activities and exercises pursuant to future careers in biotechnology and biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
• Assist in recruiting students to the biotechnology and biopharmaceutical programs and the Lilly Scholars program.
• In collaboration with Lilly project directors assess equipment and program outcomes to support labs and curriculum upgrades and modification ensuring industry alignment.
• Participate in statewide curriculum committee meetings standardizing curriculum and labs.
• Work with dual credit and dual enrollment partners and internal K14 staff supporting labs, curriculum, student recruitment, and secondary faculty credentialing.
• Conduct summer workshops to credential faculty. Participate in “Discovery Days” at local employers to recruit students into industry. Other duties as assigned.
RETENTION AND STUDENT SUCCESS
• Provide academic-related coaching and academic monitoring to assigned student advisees in partnership with professional academic advising staff.
• Monitor and document student performance throughout the semester, including use of technology for academic advising alerts
• Provide necessary interventions to include communication with students, tutoring and other academic supports, and referrals to appropriate college resources.
• Maintain posted office hours and student engagement hours in accordance with campus expectations and the faculty loading policy in the Academic Support and Operations Manual (ASOM 7.2).
• Promote and assist in student recruitment, retention, and successful completion of programs, including outreach to students by phone, technology tools, and other electronic means.
• Participate in professional development activities that may include scheduled training, time spent onsite in related business and industries, and self-study to advance instructional and technical skills as well as current knowledge within the field of study.
• Participate in scholarly activities related to the discipline/focus, in fulfillment of annual performance plans, and as required for certification and licensure.
• Stay current in contemporary pedagogy, digital technology, and other technology related to teaching that best support student learning.
• Stay current in technology and trends related to biotechnology and biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
• Stay current and participate in automation and system integration technology as related to biopharmaceutical manufacturing.
• Frequent visits to local manufacturing facilities and participation in externships to support industry alignment.
COMMUNITY RELATIONS AND BUSINESS OUTREACH
• Participate in community service activities on behalf of the college to advance the college’s relationships within its service area as appropriate for department/division/college.
• Develop community/industry/business contacts to advance college relationships within service area as appropriate in the department and division.
• Provide institutional support as requested by college administration such as participation on committees and task forces, projects related to college and program accreditations, and grant- related projects.
• Support and engage with other internal departments as needed.
• Attend commencement and participate as assigned by regional administration.
• Participate in college/campus-wide meetings and departmental/division/faculty meetings.
• Participate in career service and alumni activities. Support program/department chair in program management activities.
• Adhere to college and regional academic policies.
• Support and participate in recruitment events with other internal stakeholders at local businesses.
Biotechnology/Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing Faculty Requirements:
• Possesses an earned master’s or higher degree, from a regionally accredited institution, in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, biotechnology, microbiology, or a related field.
• Completed 18 graduate semester hours in cell biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, biotechnology, and/or microbiology; and has two or more years of experience in the field.
• Classes may be scheduled in the day, evening, on campus, or at other area locations. Candidates must be willing to teach at various times and locations.
• ASQ Quality Improvement Associate and Certified Quality Process Analyst Certifications are preferred
• OSHA 10 and Six Sigma White belt are useful, but could be earned during the first semester teaching
• Strong knowledge base of pharmaceutical product pipelines, transcription, translation, and genetic modification, current good manufacturing practices, quality practices, regulatory affairs basics, and formulation fill finish processes is needed
Knowledge Services is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Software Powered by iCIMS