1-year contract as Voice Data Engineer in Augusta, ME.
Knowledge Services, established in 1994 and headquartered in Indianapolis IN, is a certified woman-owned (WBE) professional services organization with over 1500 employees located in offices throughout North America. Founded by Julie Bielawski, CEO, Guidesoft, Inc. DBA Knowledge Services is an industry leader in Managed Service Programs (MSP), Employer of Record / Payrolling Services, National Recruitment, and Staffing Services. We provide outstanding services to major organizations in various industries, including; IT, Healthcare, Entertainment, Media, Federal and State Governments, Public Utilities, Telecom, Manufacturing and more.
As such, Knowledge Services is committed to providing opportunities for growth – in our company, in each team member and in our relationships. We believe titles do not define a person, but provide a framework to each person’s endless potential. Our focus on improving our team, product and processes drive us every day. We are guided by our four Pillars that set the foundation of who we are and how we conduct business: Knowledge, Integrity, Innovation, and Service.
This position will be preforming at a high level; focused on Avaya programing state wide phone systems. This position is responsible for maintaining the integrity of the statewide phone systems. Requires a range of experience with various voice vendors that only someone with voice communication experience could have.
• Demonstrates understanding and knowledge of a diverse and emerging set of telecommunication technology trends and applications as they relate to Maine State Government business. A familiarity with State government systems is critical.
• Must have knowledge of local and long distance transport technology.
• Able to determine tools and procedures to monitor and analyze baseline voice networks.
• Must have advanced knowledge in Avaya Telephony problem solving at an enterprise level.
• Understands design elements of WAN, LAN, Networks, Voice Systems, Telecommunications Power Systems, Telephony, and knowledge in PBX platform and technology (Avaya, SIP), PRI, POTS, at a high level.
• Exhibits advanced knowledge of routing layers/protocols, IP addressing, subnets, QoS, performance monitoring, VPN, and has experience in security protection policies as they relate to Voice network.
• Strong analysis and trouble shooting skills are required for sustaining the Voice systems. This position requires technical interaction and cooperation with Operations, Documentation Group, End Users, vendors and the Implementation groups from various vendors (Fairpoint, Carousel, independent telco operators, etc.). Must be able to analyze service options, CPE configurations and ongoing support requirements to determine lowest cost of ownership.
• Must have experience in design and management of large-scale projects (i.e. new PBX installations, new technology integration) employing sound industry approved methodologies relating to telecommunications systems and circuits. Must be able to design and understand provision carrier services in relation to agency requirements. Must understand applications and its relationship with protocols and network impact.
• Must have knowledge of Fairpoint’s network installation, provisioning, maintenance, and Central Office processes and procedures. Must understand Fairpoint Enterprise access technology, hardware, and software, including repair process and systems.
• Ability to provide third level support and trouble-shooting. Must be able to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
• Excellent problem solving skills required.
• Must have strong writing abilities, presentation skills, and interpersonal skills.
• Experience with various Voice networks up to the enterprise level.
• Must know SIP, PRI, VoIP, POTS, DID, ISDN, & Centrex, and how they interact with voice.
• Must be able to diagnose and take corrective action for a wide variety of technologies.
• Must be able to use voice/network management tools to monitor/manage voice systems.
• Must be able to interface with vendors/carriers to represent OIT.
• Must know Aura Messaging, Intuity Map 40, Client & Administration
• Must know Calabrio, Client & Administration
• Must know CMS, Client & Administration
• Must know Avaya Session Boarder Controllers
• Must know Avaya Session Manager
• Must know Avaya Enterprise Servers
• Must know Avaya Site Administration
• Must know Telecommunication/BISCI Wiring Standards
• Should have technical management skills in a telecommunications environment.
• Ability to plan, supervise, and coordinate the work of technical subordinates.
• Ability to diagnose and correct system failures and malfunctions.
• Technical and supervisory responsibility for multiple voice systems.
• Diagnosing, correcting, and maintaining, operating, voice, networking, and related systems.
• Eight (8) years of Voice/data experience.
Software Powered by iCIMS