Long term contract opportunity through end of June 2018 with potential for extension at Ivy Tech!
Knowledge Services, established in 1994 and headquartered in Indianapolis IN, is a certified woman-owned (WBE) professional services organization with over 1500 employees located in offices throughout North America. Founded by Julie Bielawski, CEO, Guidesoft, Inc. DBA Knowledge Services is an industry leader in Managed Service Programs (MSP), Employer of Record / Payrolling Services, National Recruitment, and Staffing Services. We provide outstanding services to major organizations in various industries, including; IT, Healthcare, Entertainment, Media, Federal and State Governments, Public Utilities, Telecom, Manufacturing and more.
As such, Knowledge Services is committed to providing opportunities for growth – in our company, in each team member and in our relationships. We believe titles do not define a person, but provide a framework to each person’s endless potential. Our focus on improving our team, product and processes drive us every day. We are guided by our four Pillars that set the foundation of who we are and how we conduct business: Knowledge, Integrity, Innovation, and Service.
• Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
• Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of staff, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
• Elicit requirements using a variety of techniques including: interviews, data analysis, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, story-boarding, business analysis, and task / workflow analysis.
• Document requirements in various formats including: business process flows, use cases, user scenarios, user stories, business requirements documents (BRD), etc.
• Critically evaluate and challenge information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Prioritize requirements based on value and need
• Acts as the liaison between the business units and technology teams
• Driver of business analysis discussions between business functions and the development teams
• Utilize strong analytical and project management skills, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret cross-functional customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements using business requirement documents.
• Promote effective teamwork and spirit of partnership.
• Perform other related duties of a comparable level/type as required.
• 3-5+ years of experience in a business analysis role.
• Extensive experience with core business analysis tools, i.e. Microsoft Office Professional (Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, Access, etc.), and others
• Demonstrated expert analytical and technical abilities and task management skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects, assign and manage work activities, meet deadlines and develop project management reporting in a timely and effective manner
• Excellent written/verbal communications and analytical skills required. Must be able to easily grasp and communicate complex ideas
• Organization and planning skills
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a team and independently; performs work effectively with minimal to no supervision
• Experience performing analysis on large to very large project environments
• Experience working with Agile software development projects and creating user stories preferred.
• Experience with “laddering” techniques (series of questions to get to the core need/desire) a plus.
Software Powered by iCIMS