12 month contract opportunity with potential for extension at Ivy Tech! Eligible for benefits as well!
Knowledge Services has benefit offerings to include the following!
Knowledge Services, established in 1994 and headquartered in Indianapolis IN, is a certified woman-owned (WBE) professional services organization with over 1500 employees located in offices throughout North America. Founded by Julie Bielawski, CEO, Guidesoft, Inc. DBA Knowledge Services is an industry leader in Managed Service Programs (MSP), Employer of Record / Payrolling Services, National Recruitment, and Staffing Services. We provide outstanding services to major organizations in various industries, including; IT, Healthcare, Entertainment, Media, Federal and State Governments, Public Utilities, Telecom, Manufacturing and more.
As such, Knowledge Services is committed to providing opportunities for growth – in our company, in each team member and in our relationships. We believe titles do not define a person, but provide a framework to each person’s endless potential. Our focus on improving our team, product and processes drive us every day. We are guided by our four Pillars that set the foundation of who we are and how we conduct business: Knowledge, Integrity, Innovation, and Service.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for a variety of duties related to the development, enhancement and deployment of primarily web-based software systems. The Software Engineer will perform updates to existing software systems and provide support for new deployments.
• Update existing college systems to support SAML-based authentication
• Assist application deployment team in tuning, customization and troubleshooting of Java applications
• Develop and update scripts for integrating 3rd party systems with the college ERP system
• Work the entire technology stack, including the database, server and presentation tiers.
• Write best practice, reusable, maintainable, scalable, and documented code that adheres to policies and procedures.
• Ability and willingness to learn new technologies as needed.
• 3+ years of professional web-based programming drawing upon a variety of languages: Perl, Python, Java, Groovy on Grails, and .NET. Detailed knowledge of each is not required. Strong experience with Python, Java, & Perl preferred.
• 3+ years of working with a relational database and SQL drawing upon a variety of vendors: PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle. Detailed knowledge of each is not required. Must be willing to acquire the knowledge and skills of the respective vendors as needed.
• Strong understanding of SAML authentication and workflow.
• Experience in integrating applications with LDAP and Active Directory.
• Experience with common Internet protocols: HTTP, FTP, and SSH etc.
• Experience with both Linux and Windows operating systems.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to work with and support non-technical end-users.
Nice to Have:
• Experience using functional and load testing software: JMeter, Selenium, etc.
• Experience with miscellaneous open source software products such as Nginx, Redis, Apache, Django, or jQuery.
• Experience with Tomcat and Weblogic application server.
EDUCATION: Associates degree in Information Technology or related field required, Bachelor's degree in Information Technology preferred.
Software Powered by iCIMS